Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Looking for a Rune Pure/ Tank clan on OSRS with many ex VH/HF members?

http://rs-avalon.com/

Photo

Valhalla's RSC Clan Interview V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Tyler

Tyler

RSN: BigDick50

Go check it out!

http://forums.zybez....62005-valhalla/

CTc8LOe.gif

Forums | Youtube | IRC: #Valhalla @SwiftIRC | Public Clan Chat: Valhallars

Valhalla is a Rune Pure & Tank Ranger clan originally founded in early 2007. VH has been opened on Old School RS for 6 months now and has about 50 members under the leadership of Lvl 56 N00b, Rangish Tank, Nopure, and Evan Bruh. We are a great close knit community. We have an active Teamspeak, IRC, and clan chat for our members and friends.

Jim

What are your requirements?

Rob

Requirements are as follows:
Rune Pures: 60+ Attack, 90+ Strength, 40-50 Defence, 82+ Magic, 70+ Ranged, 84+ Hitpoints
Rune Rangers: 97+ Ranged, 94+ Magic, 40-50 Defence, 84+ Hitpoints
Tank Rangers: 90+ Ranged, 70+ Defence, 82+ Magic, 84+ Hitpoints, Under 148 combined Attack/Strength

NZ3Nws.png

Jim

So what is everyone's rank?

Rob

Leader

Pekka

Leader

Nopure

High Council

Evan

High Council

Stl Arrow

Council

Conor

Jim

In terms of internal ranking, mod=council or mod over council or mod under council?

Rob

Moderator is more of a forum rank for former officials. It's not really for active officials - similar to how our Legend rank is for former Leaders and High Council.

Jim

Okay!
So did you guys reopen recently or have you always been open, just hiding in the shadows?

Evan

We reopened this past summer

Nopure

We reopened this past summer

Conor

Yeah, the clan reopened from complete closure over summer.

Rob

We re-opened in Summer 2014. There was talks of re-opening at the beginning of OSRS but most of the ranks were too tied up with IRL obligations. We still maintained our community through IRC during the closure though.

Jim

Sweet

Stl Arrow

We reopened this past summer with talks about opening at the start of 07

Jim

How is the staff different from before the close to the reopen? or is it different at all?

Evan

Well, in rs3, we were around from 2007-2011. Currently, all the current officials are made up of past officials from those 4 years besides two

Nopure

Basically this staff team is made up of ex-officials dating back to pre-eoc with the exception of two ranks

Conor

The officials team is made up primarily of officials or very old school members from before our closure in 2011, with a few exceptions.

Pekka

I'm new in the staff team. Most of current officials have previous experience from Valhalla, but there are new faces; me and Broserk.

Stl Arrow

The ranks we have now are really similar to what they were in the past with the exception of 2 oldschool members.

Rob

Most of our current ranks were ranks in the past (2007-2011). We do have some new additions such as Pekka and Broserk which were first ranked in Old School.

Jim

So you maintained contact via IRC while being closed. What kept you guys together?

Conor

We all spent several years in a clan together, and spent ridiculous amounts of time together during that time. It's pretty hard to lose contact.

Evan

Facebook, irc, forums

Nopure

Well I quit when EOC came out but I kept contact on facebook with a few close friends from VH. I came back to the community after hearing about them reopening again

Stl Arrow

Basically when runepures/tank clanning died pre-eoc the main clan world stayed alive, some in rival clans and some not. I feel like that kept a mass majority of us together.

Rob

Most of us have a long history together in this clan dating back 8 years. We're a tight knit group so we've always stayed in contact.

Pekka

Strong community from back in the day kept us all as active as possible in IRC etc. Most of us started playing again and found each others once OSRS was released,

m6LIO1B.png

Jim

You mention Rune pures/tanks. I'll assume that is what you are?

Conor

Yup.

Nopure

Ye

Pekka

Yeah.

Evan

Yea

Rob

Yeah, we're a Rune Pure and Tank Ranger clan.

Stl Arrow

mhm

Jim

So what sparked everyone to come back last summer?

Nopure

Clanning in VH was the most fun I had on this game and I wanted to relive those moments again. A lot of my old friends were gonna be involved.

Pekka

Activity increased and we decided to open, as there were a lot of zerkers and tanks out there, but no clans open.

Jim

Amen, all I see when in world 18 is mid level zerkers/tanks

Evan

nostalgia, mostly. I wanted to have fun with the clan I played with for several years

Conor

I started playing 07 pretty much as soon as it restarted, as did a lot of friends - Valhalla was a pretty key part of my rs identity, so that followed.

Stl Arrow

When I saw older officials coming back it brought back good memories and I wanted to be a part of that again.

Rob

Valhalla was my first real clan and I had alot of fond memories. When all the old faces came back I couldn't resist.

Jim

So since your comeback, what has been your best and worst fight?

Nopure

Uhmm, sorry I gotta think for this one

Jim

All good tongue.png

Pekka

I enjoyed the fights with Proximity (Closed). Worst fight was with Circle Zerks (another clan which opened and closed) as it never happened.

Nopure

I don't really have favorite fights as I like them all but the one that stands out to me is when we cleared Ronin in under 2 minutes
worst fight - idk maybe when mains start crashing and one iteming I guess

Stl Arrow

I would have to go with fighting Vitality in wild with similar numbers was one of best fights in my opinions because being lvl 90s against maxed mains isn't easy and we held our own before being crashed. The worst fight I would have to say is fighting AC in water maze being crashed by multiple clans when trying to return.

Evan

We haven't really had many long/substancial fights yet. Most fights end up getting crashed or the other clan ends too quickly. But if I have to give you an answer, I would say when we fought ROL for about 30min. They actually returned in decent gear throughout, something you don't see with many clans these days.
The worst fight would probably be when we fought Vitality. It was in the fountain of rune area which made tanking extremely easy and prolonged every death. We've also had several successful clan wars fights.

OSTBDf7.png

Jim

Any rivalries?

Jim

and active ones, hopefully

Stl Arrow

None worth mentioning

Pekka

Rivalries? Nothing to be scared of.

Nopure

Nothing really worth mentioning, were still seeing where were at in this clan world
darn Stl_Arrow copied my answer

Stl Arrow

you copied me wow

Rob

We're mostly fighting main clans, we haven't really had a substantial rival in our level range. Some subpar clans such as Proximity and other open CC teams have attempted to challenge us but they're no real contest.

Jim

Are there even any other tank/zerk clans out there?

Conor

None of note.

Nopure

I haven’t heard of any

Evan

I think there's 1 on rs forums

Nopure

Maybe some open CC's or something
Maybe some rs forum clans too

Stl Arrow

There are no other relevant runepure/tank clans open atm

Jim

So you're stuck fighting mains? Do you ever fight low def pures?

Pekka

We mostly fight mains, but if we get a chance to fight with pures, we'll be there.

Rob

Nah, it seems most pures do their own thing in low level wilderness and in f2p, we PK in neither. Occasionally we'll run into small p2p pure teams but that's about it.

Nopure

Yea if we run into pures we'll fight them but we usually don't see them around

Conor

The main competition Valhalla face is from mains - not much involvement with the pure community.

Evan

We've had a few fights in clan wars with pures and ran into them a few times in the wild but other than that, we fight main clans.

Stl Arrow

We are stuck fighting mains daily yes, but we see it as a challenge and a way to get better. We don’t usually set up fights with pures because the rules they ask for are simply ridiculous unless we run into them in the wild.

Jim

So you mentioned a few other clans and some fights with them. Any you respect? Or disrespect for that matter

Nopure

hmmm

Evan

We don't really have any vendettas or beef with other clans. We try to focus on ourselves rather than others. I like Vitality as a clan though, they're respectable mates

Nopure

The main clan world is in shambles atm but I think vitality and 420pkers are pretty respectful - they give clean fights and its always a pleasure fighting them

Stl Arrow

Personally, I respect any clan on the game that doesn't crash one another. Of course with all the crash wars going on atm its very rare for clans not to, but if I have to choose someone that I have no problems with it would definitely be Vitality they always give clean fights and never complain about anything. Asfar as disrespect I'd have to go with SV because I see them 1 iteming alot, which I think ruins pking.

Rob

We've had some clean fights with clans such as Vitality and PH. We've tried setting up fights with others but they usually end up cheating or the fight ends up crashed. Most of our action is spur of the moment and happens when we happen to run into them, rather than having been planned.

Jim

PH?

Rob

Power Hunters, Vitality and Ronin

Jim

Never heard of PH

Nopure

Oya PH are cool lads

Pekka

Clans to respect in my opinion would be DI and Power Hunters. I myself dislike ROL for their attitude, but I rather avoid beef with any clans.

Rob

It seems the wilderness is more of a free-for-all with little respect, especially in deep wilderness. In the past you could count on a majority of clans giving you respectable fights but gone are those days.

cuiwOZJ.png

Jim

You mentioned the crash wars and the main clan world is in pieces. Any thoughts on that? I'd ask about mid level clans but I only know of you guys and Ronin~

Nopure

Hmm, pretty much how I see it is everyone gangs up on RoT, I commend RoT for fighting like 6 clans at once every time they go out

Conor

I'm pleased to see that despite it people are still trying to give it a go, and a good number of people continue to gear up every weekend. It'd be nice to see it clean up though.

Nopure

too much drama

Stl Arrow

I think that the crash wars have ruined the game for majority of the people playing hence to the recent slump in f2p wilderness. I feel like if the crash war was over between everyone yeah there would be clean fights again, but at the same time I feel like the people in certain clans that simply play the game for that sole reason, and would get bored otherwise.

Evan

Tough to say, it's definitely a different era of clanning than it used to be where most clans got along with eachother and anti-crashed eachother's fights. As for VH, we'd like to stay out of the drama aspect of it.

Jim

So what are some benefits/disadvantages of being in Valhalla?

Nopure

It's really like a second family. We have laughs on TS, talk about our problems, etc.

Evan

Our main disadvantage is that our accounts are limited by their cmb restrictions. Our rune pures can only be 40-50 def and our tank rangers can't have over 148 combined att/str. The advantage is that there's a large community of rune pures and tanks and people with those accounts mainly have them with the purpose of PKing.

Nopure

Disadvantage - well im playing rs again soo.....ya it takes up a bit of time but im in college now and my schedule is pretty flexible

Evan

Did I read the question wrong? lol

Nopure

Or did I...

Jim

Nope

Nopure

lmaooo

Jim

Every answer is good

Pekka

Personally I enjoy seeing other tanks and zerkers with certain limitations around. Not that I'd like to see anyone struggle, but I enjoy seeing them carry on and being "special". Though, when it comes to fighting with another clan, we'll be in slight disadvantage compared to maxed mains who actually know what they are doing.

Jim

Just general benefits/disadvantages from being in/around Valhalla

Conor

Advantage - It's nice to see everyone around and playing again, the community is great. Disadvantage - I simply don't have the time to commit anymore :c

Stl Arrow

The disadvantages of being in Valhalla is the state of the clan world. There are no other runepure/tank clans to fight and we are stuck with either fighting mains or pures, which puts us at a disadvantage because mains are all maxed and pures pull 50+. So its not easy  finding fights. Benefits of being in Valhalla is that we are all so close that at the end of the day we are more then just a runescape clan.
We talk about everything from runescape to crazy irl situations we've been in. This is a typical response that im sure many clans say, but I think that VH is more of a family.

Rob

Valhalla is a second family and a home for Rune Pures and Tanks. As far as disadvantages it's obviously our account types while multi-PKing. Unlike in the past the current clan world/game isn't very friendly towards us - almost all of the PKing happens in deep wilderness which puts us on the same playing fields as maxed mains. Pre-EOC there was activity and easy methods of returning in low level wild such as FOG or Clan Wars teleports so we were able to stay seperated

Jim

So going way back, how was the EoC/OSRS split

Nopure

Well we closed before eoc came out
and came back this past summer in 07

Jim

So that wasn't really relevant to you then?

Evan

correct

Stl Arrow

Nope

Conor

We closed before EOC was released and most of our members quit, so it wasn't much of an issue.

Rob

As we closed shortly before EOC (October 2011) it didn't really have -that- much of an effect on us. All of us have been playing OSRS since it was introduced.

Jim

So how did most members deal with training their accounts back up on the return?
Did they just do it for the clan?

Nopure

Some people trained up accounts for the clan
and some already had accounts that met the requirements
because they enjoyed that type of account coincidentally

Rob

When OSRS was first introduced many former VH started to hang around our IRC channel again. We maintained a good ~30-40 people in #Valhalla the entire year and a half before actually re-opening, so it gave some motivation and sense of community for those starting over again.

Conor

Those that returned mainly made runepure/tank accounts as it's what they've known and loved. We gained a lot of new members, but also a lot of people who were previously involved in the rp/tank community and who already had such accounts. Some trained specifically for Valhalla, which is great to see.

Evan

Like everyone else, there was a frenzy to max out an account as soon as you could. Most of the ex-members created a rune pure or tank to relive those old days andsome even made main accounts as well since training both was very easy

Pekka

I cannot even add anything more lol.

Jim

Great answers though

Stl Arrow

Most of our members are new guys so they already started training an account and just came across Valhalla and decided to join. As far as the old school members its been a struggle, but they wanted to be apart of what we used to be back in the day.

Jim

So if you could make a few suggestions as a clan to Jagex about fixing/helping the clan world, what would they be?

Stl Arrow

To benefit the entire clan world and not just Valhalla I would say make pre-eoc a game again. There would be so many more people clanning if they didn't have to start all over from scratch to make a new account.

Nopure

I think there needs to be more incentive to be in the wild.
Personally I liked the ep era
where you could go out, gain ep and make up for all the deaths you had on a trip

Conor

Official events and announcements always raise the profile, getting people involved. But realistically they need to have incentives for people to be pking together in clans. The new BH system doesn't even touch clanning, whereas EP made a huge difference.

Evan

They could fix the lag in the worlds (not an easy task with the ddosers). We've actually ended a trip once because the worlds were too unstable

Jim

Been there done that lol

Pekka

Hard question. Official events like Clan Cup seems really interesting. Something more like that would surely benefit the clan world.

Jim

Some people are just sad

Evan

Ya

Rob

Regular players need more incentives to participate in the wilderness. The old EP system actually worked because PKing/EPing rivaled the best money-making methods outside of the Wilderness. When you have a huge influx of players participating in the wilderness clans and teams will naturally form. The Wilderness Rejuvenation update helped, sure, but it felt incomplete and mediocre. The wilderness needs to directly rival high level PvMing and skilling money making wise to be successful.

Jim

Were there ever thoughts of legacy fights?
or trying legacy?

Evan

nope

Rob

Nah, Rs3 hasn't really even been a thought. We all came back for Old School and that's what we've stuck with.

Jim

Well I am out of questions and time. Any last things you'd like to say?

Pekka

Thanks for the interview!

Jim

Ya thanks for finding time to do this

Nopure

Thx for taking the time to interview us
Much love

Evan

cheers

Conor

Thanks for your time - to anyone reading, come take a look at our website - www.Vh-Rs.net - and get involved in the community. You won't regret it! c:

Stl Arrow

Much love Jim

Nopure

2015 year of purple baby

Evan

Sounds good

Edited by Evan, 11 February 2015 - 11:28 AM.

Ex Phalanx Warlord | Ex Valhalla Warlord | Ex Collision Pk Leader | Ex Violent Resolution !Captain

Currently: Retired

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Thomas

Thomas

Special Guest
RSN: Dark0ownage

Hopefully this helps branch out even further :P

Posted Image

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

- Jack Dempsey

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

Hero
RSN: Teri
^^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Raver Nate

Raver Nate

Forum Guest
RSN: Raver nate
Good job boys when was this?

Evan

Evan

Overlord
RSN: Evan Bruh

Best part

Jim

Conor

None of note.

Nopure

I haven’t heard of any

Evan

Nopure

Stl Arrow

• Me Not Weak, Nopure, David and 5 others like this

K5nHQXf.png

AYydoLr.png

Evan

Evan

Overlord
RSN: Evan Bruh

Good job boys when was this?

Mid January

K5nHQXf.png

AYydoLr.png

Blob

Blob

Forum Guest
RSN: Blobarino

Great interview, good job all those involved.

LscYm0.pngDanielle-Lo.gif

kerkennah

kerkennah

Special Guest

Nice interview guys :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Me Not Weak

Me Not Weak

Honored Ex-VH
RSN: Me Not Weak

Best part

Jim

Conor

None of note.

Nopure

I haven’t heard of any

Evan

Nopure

Stl Arrow

You guys are some cheeky fuckers

Valhalla for life

Theo

Theo

Hero

Best part

Jim

Conor

None of note.

Nopure

I haven’t heard of any

Evan

Nopure

Stl Arrow

BANTA

Posted Image
Posted Image
#Display

woodenrouter

woodenrouter

Forum Guest
RSN: w00denrouter

never seen something more confusing in my life. 

Josh Rambo

Josh Rambo

Special Guest
RSN: Josh Rambo

Best part

Jim

Conor

None of note.

Nopure

I haven’t heard of any

Evan

Nopure

Stl Arrow

lold

aRcdrEc.png

Maserati V8

Maserati V8

Hero
RSN: Runepure: Maserati V8

good reading stuff i like it

tumblr_mbqqb1z2T61r8omuyo1_500.gif

ydF6Tnj.gif

8ba7bf386272fc7c5e0ea16d09c5b1a7.png

The Sure Sign of an unmistakable design 

Veng

Veng

Hero
RSN: M0tivate

Actually read all of it. Summed us up pretty will there guys, good job.

SFBeCYl.gif

HsqwdwX.gif

BroScience

BroScience

Hero
RSN: GodWasATank

good work boys

xHIdYTS.png
eolPcQb.gif

SFBeCYl.gif

Hard Sc0per

Hard Sc0per

Forum Guest
RSN: Hard Sc0per

V nice

06MOJGx.jpg

Hesteronni

Hesteronni

Special Guest
RSN: Missouri

how old is this?

isn't ar considered a rivalry? 

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
NA may lose,
but KaBum beat EU

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk

isn't ar considered a rivalry? 

What's an "ar"?

Edited by Ocarina65, 11 February 2015 - 01:28 PM.

• Tyler and Pekka like this

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Nopure

Nopure

Legend
RSN: Nopure

Best part

Jim

Conor

None of note.

Nopure

I haven’t heard of any

Evan

Nopure

Stl Arrow

:pimp:

tumblr_lpormlxvxR1qg0puro1_500.gif

N1dGHwU.gif

vFARhmi.png

David

David

Hero

LOoooooooooooool

Jim

Any rivalries?

Jim

and active ones, hopefully

Stl Arrow

None worth mentioning

Pekka

Rivalries? Nothing to be scared of.

Nopure

Nothing really worth mentioning, were still seeing where were at in this clan world
darn Stl_Arrow copied my answer

Stl Arrow

you copied me wow

Rob

We're mostly fighting main clans, we haven't really had a substantial rival in our level range. Some subpar clans such as Proximity and other open CC teams have attempted to challenge us but they're no real contest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users