Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Photo

Building A Gaming PC (Update)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Prodsie

Prodsie

Forum Guest
RSN: Prodsi

Any opinions on spending $1700 on a pc and those parts? 

Prodsie

Prodsie

Forum Guest

Ended up buying one for about $1000, if anyone is interested I'll post specs 

Eoxi

Eoxi

Forum Guest
RSN: Eoxi

Building a PC always comes down to your requirements and the most key thing is having hardware that can easily be updated and upgraded. You want to make it as future proof as possible. And depending on what games you play deciding if you're going to go for a Intel/Nvidia build or a simple AMD.

Edited by Eoxi, 04 October 2014 - 01:24 PM.

" Life lessons are more likely to come to us from enemies, rather than friends. "

2v30egg.png

" I've always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs. "

Prodsie

Prodsie

Forum Guest

I went for the simple amd, nothing special. Solid pc for rs 

Kurtz

Kurtz

Forum Guest
SSD is in no way necessary for playing RS, or really anything, it just makes load times and boot up much quicker. It's paying for convenience if you're just buying a PC to mainly scape on. Specs look good man, I've built my last 4 pc's and would love to help anybody out if they have any other questions as well. I also know of some sites with some great barebones kits to get Ya started!

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk

Specs look good man

Not to bust your balls but this thread is from October and the OP isn't even alive anymore

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Kurtz

Kurtz

Forum Guest

Specs look good man

Not to bust your balls but this thread is from October and the OP isn't even alive anymore

Not to bust yours, but if you read the last bit of my post you'll see that I addressed everyone, making the current life status of the OP only relevant to the bit where I was giving my opinion.

RIP OP

ch3ck p1z

ch3ck p1z

Special Guest

Might as well post for anyone looking to build a pc since you guys already bumped the thread

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

https://pcpartpicker...parts/partlist/

• Dont Attack likes this
Posted Image

karils

karils

Forum Guest
RSN: karils v5

Part of me wants to say that with building a $1700 computer you should have an i7 at that price, but I guess its whatever, I could pm you my computer specs that I just built if youre interested..

Posted Image

ch3ck p1z

ch3ck p1z

Special Guest

Part of me wants to say that with building a $1700 computer you should have an i7 at that price, but I guess its whatever, I could pm you my computer specs that I just built if youre interested..

i7's actually don't provide a very noticable increase in performance over i5's (in terms of gaming), and most games don't utilize the hyperthreading that i7's have. Performance is usually going to be bottlenecked by the GPU and any money that you would spend upgrading to an i7 would be better spent on just getting a better GPU.

Posted Image

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk

My nigga my nigga... (My nigga my nigga...)

My mo'fukn nigga!

MPC-HC and logicalincrements? I fucking love you and your good taste

Edited by Ocarina65, 08 April 2015 - 09:25 AM.

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

GameShark

GameShark

Honored Ex-VH
RSN: GameShark

1.7k way too much. spend 800 and you'll be playing every game on 60 fps max settings no problems for 5 years.

Posted Image

I'm GameShark Ingame & IRC If your new or old Query me; I'd Be Happy to Talk to you.

#Valhalla | #GameShark | Find me there.
#Valhalla will always be my home, Until i Die I will always bleed purple.
#Valhalla For great Runepure and Tank community

Cloud

Cloud

Forum Guest
RSN: Cloud Vii

Even though the OP is dead this thread has been gravedug so I may aswell get started.

Some of you don't know what the fuck you're talking about or are just being purposely vague. Firstly you aren't going to spend $800 and get a PC that will play every game on 60 FPS max settings without any problem for 5 years, that's bull shit. Battlefield 4 requires at least a GeForce 600 series card and a quad core processor and that games 2 years old. For runescape yes this is fine but you talked about every game and although you might know what you mean by it someone who's about to lay down almost $1000 may not.

As for the whole "Get an i7" it's an ignorant comment without really helping the OP find what he's look for. If he searches on Newegg this is what he'll come across

5a82cd2b31.png

You'll get something similar when you search for i5 too so it's a vague answer and if the guy asking for help is a noob he's not going to have a clue what he's looking for. What will help is If you recommend the i7xyz which is a quad core processor with a decent clock speed that's also latest gen so it doesn't bottleneck so easily in comparison to the slightly more powerful graphics card that you/someone else has just recommended. You could also recommend the i7xyzk for an extra $20 because of it's overclocking capabilities, but if he isn't planning on overclocking it he could go back to your initial suggestion.

I don't understand the logic behind people recommending against an SSD either. SSD's make little difference to RS, true. However, this is a PC he's going to be using almost every day for at least the next 2-3 years and the chances are he's going to use his brand spanking new PC for more than just runescape. I noticed huge differences when I was running my steam games from my HDD and then from my SSD, load times matter. With a budget of $1,000 there's definitly room to slide a 256gb SSD in there without sacrificing too much performance.

Edited by Cloud, 03 May 2015 - 05:55 PM.

Shuyin X - Voider in Progress!
Squall Viii - Main
Cloud Vii - Tank in Progress!

Follow my Journey to becoming a maxed tank! ~ http://vh-rs.net/ind...showtopic=16754

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users