Valhalla was the second Rune Pure & Tank clan in RuneScape, officially founded in early 2007, with it being in the works throughout 2006. At the time, only one other such clan existed (Higher Force); T H E Do0rs founded the clan with the vision of creating an alternative to this clan. Starting out as an east-dragons PK team, Valhalla quickly established its dominance and had many competitive rivalries in both Pre-EoC and OSRS.

In its final chapter in OSRS, Valhalla established itself as not only the best and last Rune Pure clan in game after defeating and closing its rivals, but as a force to be reckoned with in the P2P clan world amongst the biggest names in the clan world. They also maintained a thriving community, with the second most active forums below Reign of Terror's.

Presently, a "sister" clan, Avalon, exists for those still wanting to be a part of the community. In many ways, it is "the" Rune Pure & Tank community, as it is the only clan containing veterans of the original community & contains Leaders of Higher Force, Valhalla, Phalanx, and Anarchy, Empyrean of OSRS.

Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Posted Image

Photo

BNC Nicks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tyler

Tyler

Honored Ex-VH
RSN: BigDick50

Important: This topic is meant for those who have poor connections or aren't connected to IRC very often.

What is a BNC?

A BouNCer (commonly abbreviated to BNC) keeps you connected to an IRC server 24/7, saving your channels and usermodes. It also allows you to recieve messages while offline.

More information on BNC can be found: http://wiki.swiftirc...x.php?title=Bnc

How do I get a BNC?

You can apply for a BNC by issuing the following command whilst on SwiftIRC and in the channel #BNC. /msg FreeBNC BNC which will carry out an automated application process. Your application will then be forwarded to the staff channel where an admin will verdict the outcome of your app. 

A BNC will stop you from disconnecting from IRC everytime you DC, saving you unwanted ping noises and channel floods. You can idle on IRC 24/7 as well.

YOU HAVE TO IDLE IN #BNC AT ALL TIMES IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR BNC, IF THEY CATCH YOU THEY WILL REMOVE YOUR BNC

I encourage most of you to get yourself a BNC, they help loads. If you have any questions ask on this topic.

Ex Phalanx Warlord | Ex Valhalla Warlord | Ex Collision Pk Leader | Ex Violent Resolution !Captain

Currently: Retired

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Hesteronni

Hesteronni

Special Guest
RSN: Missouri

if ANYONE needs help with BNC usage let me know

Edited by Hesteronni, 30 March 2015 - 04:38 PM.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
NA may lose,
but KaBum beat EU

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

David

David

Hero
IRC: David

if ANYONE needs help with BNC usage talk to Heston 

Raver Nate

Raver Nate

Forum Guest
RSN: Raver nate
IRC: Raver Nate
good looks

Orc

Orc

Hero
RSN: 4f7263
IRC: Orc

I also run a BNC server (David and I use it), so if for some reason you want an alternative hit me up.

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk
IRC: Endless

Yo I thought BNCs were used to mask your host and ip too or am I off on that?

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Veng

Veng

Hero
RSN: M0tivate
IRC: Veng

I tried to get one ages ago, it got really confusing lol. Always on IRC anyway so it's probably not essential for me to get one

SFBeCYl.gif

HsqwdwX.gif

David

David

Hero

Yo I thought BNCs were used to mask your host and ip too or am I off on that?

Correct, not the primary motivation for suggesting them in this case, though, since ddosing isn't a big issue in the rp/tank community
  • Lionheart likes this

Cheesy

Cheesy

Legend
RSN: Cheesy II
IRC: Cheesy

BE AWARE. Whoever hosts the server of your BNC can read EVERYTHING YOU SEND AND RECEIVE ON IRC. For this reason I'm looking into starting my own BNC server, but I realise this isn't feasible for the majority of people. Orc has done this too.

Official caper of #Valhalla and #tlp.
Click HERE if you need a fire cape!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk
IRC: Endless

BE AWARE. Whoever hosts the server of your BNC can read EVERYTHING YOU SEND AND RECEIVE ON IRC. For this reason I'm looking into starting my own BNC server, but I realise this isn't feasible for the majority of people. Orc has done this too.

Use Orc's then, believe me if that guy wanted to he could 1337 h4xx ur nan like -10 hours then 1337 will be your an_STD

Then its all gg from there

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

kerkennah

kerkennah

Special Guest

I think I will stick to no BNC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

David

David

Hero

Can't swiftirc admins already read everything you send and receive? Since they have a history of corruption, I think the lesson is simply to avoid discussion of anything very sensitive on swiftirc

Cheesy

Cheesy

Legend
RSN: Cheesy II
IRC: Cheesy

Can't swiftirc admins already read everything you send and receive? Since they have a history of corruption, I think the lesson is simply to avoid discussion of anything very sensitive on swiftirc

Well, yes. But varying degrees of distrust to be honest. The person hosting your BNC could be someone that knows your rs login name etc.

Official caper of #Valhalla and #tlp.
Click HERE if you need a fire cape!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users