Valhalla was the second Rune Pure & Tank clan in RuneScape, officially founded in early 2007, with it being in the works throughout 2006. At the time, only one other such clan existed (Higher Force); T H E Do0rs founded the clan with the vision of creating an alternative to this clan. Starting out as an east-dragons PK team, Valhalla quickly established its dominance and had many competitive rivalries in both Pre-EoC and OSRS.

In its final chapter in OSRS, Valhalla established itself as not only the best and last Rune Pure clan in game after defeating and closing its rivals, but as a force to be reckoned with in the P2P clan world amongst the biggest names in the clan world. They also maintained a thriving community, with the second most active forums below Reign of Terror's.

Presently, a "sister" clan, Avalon, exists for those still wanting to be a part of the community. In many ways, it is "the" Rune Pure & Tank community, as it is the only clan containing veterans of the original community & contains Leaders of Higher Force, Valhalla, Phalanx, and Anarchy, Empyrean of OSRS.

Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Posted Image

Photo

Mathematics & Physics Helpdesk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

David

David

Hero
IRC: David

they teach that shit over there at 15? i had that shit when i was like 13

Where I was in school, people taking the course featuring really basic trig ("Geometry") could be anywhere from 7th grade (12 turning 13) to 10th grade (15 turning 16). 10th grade was the "standard" time to take it, but many (maybe 25-50%) of students were at least one year ahead of this track, depending on their performance in primary school. 

Edited by David-, 16 May 2015 - 09:29 AM.

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk
IRC: Endless

How do I get a career in Mathematical theory? As a kid I used to be really gifted at math and actually kinda liked it but years of changing schools and shitty education never helped

What would I need to study? How would I take classes at an accelerated rate? What special programs could I possibly enroll in?

Spoiler

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Lionheart

Lionheart

Where's the help ffs

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Cheesy

Cheesy

Legend
RSN: Cheesy II
IRC: Cheesy

How do I get a career in Mathematical theory? As a kid I used to be really gifted at math and actually kinda liked it but years of changing schools and shitty education never helped

What would I need to study? How would I take classes at an accelerated rate? What special programs could I possibly enroll in?

Spoiler

What do you mean by " mathematical theory"? That's massively, massively broad.

Official caper of #Valhalla and #tlp.
Click HERE if you need a fire cape!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bas

Bas

Hero
RSN: Lured Yah

If anyone needs help with biology/chemistry/informatics/bioinformatics let me know,

I'll be graduating in Bioinformatics in the end of this year

Edited by Bas, 27 May 2015 - 06:18 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Bas]BarrowTunnels - First flawless oldschool bot.
December `07 -- Introduced to Valhalla
December `09 -- Member of the Month
17 December `09 -- Promoted to Event's Manager
31 August `10 --Quitting RS
May `15 -- Started playing again..

Lionheart

Lionheart

What I mean is developing existing ideas by researching new ideas

For example, if I were to excel in physics as well, and I wanted to substantiate a proof for string theory... I'd need a grant from a university or to be employed by a scientific institution eventually to do this. But how would I get there? I'd need a degree of some sort but I imagine the pacing of standard classes would lose my interest

Like I get the general idea I just have no idea of how I'd go about doing it, since I presume most mathematical degrees are used for applying known concepts rather than searching for something more, and such a thing as I'd desire would only come about in special situations

If you need more elaboration ask again about what specifically I can do so with, but I'm keeping it broad since I don't have any specific idea in mind since the skillset I'd require I don't yet have and that's why I want to know to go about getting it too

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Cheesy

Cheesy

Legend
RSN: Cheesy II
IRC: Cheesy

What I mean is developing existing ideas by researching new ideas

For example, if I were to excel in physics as well, and I wanted to substantiate a proof for string theory... I'd need a grant from a university or to be employed by a scientific institution eventually to do this. But how would I get there? I'd need a degree of some sort but I imagine the pacing of standard classes would lose my interest

Like I get the general idea I just have no idea of how I'd go about doing it, since I presume most mathematical degrees are used for applying known concepts rather than searching for something more, and such a thing as I'd desire would only come about in special situations

If you need more elaboration ask again about what specifically I can do so with, but I'm keeping it broad since I don't have any specific idea in mind since the skillset I'd require I don't yet have and that's why I want to know to go about getting it too
As part of my mathematics degree we had an option to do a research project - to develop something in mathematics you need to have massively in depth knowledge. My best advice is to do a maths degree, see what you enjoy in the first couple of years and focus on that in the third year. Like I say, your options are so broad it's probably in your best interests to have a go at most things to see what you would enjoy delving further into :)
  • Lionheart likes this

Official caper of #Valhalla and #tlp.
Click HERE if you need a fire cape!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users