barely take any damage this way by killing the ranger then getting on boss. Sweets are for run energy and if you do it right you shouldn't take any damage on the minions after most kills unless ranger respawns. If you're a zerker, obviously you're on ranger duty so you take less damage.
Minions during kill target whoever is attacking zilyana! Hence the tank does that :)
Amigos trip (zerker)
Alright so I'm just gonna go through everything in the video just to cover all bases. This video is from the first time I realized the method and I've worked on it since
Okay, so let's walk through the process
1) Blowpipe, self explanatory I use this to kill the minions at a faster pace. Necessary if killing Bree minion early on for max DPS
2) Zamorak Godsword, this hits often on Zilyana. I've hit 1s and believe me that 1 for a 20 second freeze is beautiful, this lowers the amount of sweets you need to use for run energy and thus gives more DPS. More useful than BGS after some testing.
3) Purple sweets. These replace your stamina potions, I use maybe 3-4 a kill if im running and if im taking the role of killing the minion I use a max of 2 lol. (2.5k stack has already been paid off twice in sara sword loots alone) I typically use 200-250 on a trip.
4) Odium ward - This is a switch from DFS when range minion is dead. +17 range bonus is definitly worth it. Armadyl helmet is also a +12 range bonus but some people might prefer veracs for the prayer.
5) No Guthans - Weighs too much, ineffecient even with ZGS. Don't use.
6) Ecumenical key - Saves me having to Killcount, self explanatory
7) Saradomin Brews - You won't really need this many. It's a precaution mainly. I can work with about 3 just to keep my defense up or incase of any ramboes. Super defense potions should be picked up from boss to save you having to range pot after brewing for defense all the time.
8) Super Restore - Our prayer source
9) Ranging potion - The boss brews, restores and pray potions and the minions drop plenty of bones, monkfish and summer pies. Ranging potions aren't a drop here like Arma GWD so we want plenty of these.
10) Bones to peaches - saves the cost on the sweets for healing, fantastic stackable
11) Rune pouch - I use stat restore potion and boost potion here to save on supplies and my partner usually brings alchs in his. Either way, a great asset
As for my equipment setup I find this optimal, currently trying out an armadyl helmet switch too but I know this setup works fantastically and it's best to tweak from here.
Helmet - Verac's Helmet > Serpentine helmet > Torags helmet > Slayer helmet
Cape - Ava's accumalator > Attractor
Amulet - Amulet of Fury > Saradomin stole > Unholy symbol
Bolts - Diamond bolts (e) > Ruby bolts (e) > Broad bolts > Adamantite bolts
Weapon - Armadyl Crossbow > Rune Crossbow (Toxic Blowpipe W/Addy Darts) (Zgs > Bgs > Sgs)
Body - Armadyl Chestplate (If wearing god amulet) > Sara/Zamorak D hide body
Shield - Dragonfire Shield/Odium > Crystal Shield/Odium > Rune kiteshield/Book of law
Legs - Zamorak/Sara chaps
Gloves - Barrows Gloves > God bracers (I highly recommend B gloves)
Boots - Ranger boots > Runner boots > Snakeskin boots
Ring - Archers ring > Warrior ring > Ring of life
The method is simple, by killing the ranger and having someone else hit the boss nothing will attack you, this makes alts or even zerkers able to participate in SGWD. At the start of a kill the tank henceforth known as Squall Viii will attack the boss and proceed with the solo method. The player in charge of killing Bree and thus negating any significant damage to the tank henceforth known as CowWars attacks Bree with the blowpipe at the start of the kill and then jumps on the boss immediately after to help obtain the kill before Bree respawns.
After being attacked by another player, Zilyana will react eventually to CowWars and at this point Squall Viii will run in and Zgs spec Zilyana with piety activated for a freeze (80% of the time) this gives a small window of opportunity for both players to attack without using run energy. I prefer to pray flick the melee minion and the mage minion in this scenario, however if you're against this you can simply re-equip your DFS. Once unfrozen continue with the method known as the Hit-and-Run until Zilyana is dead and hopefully this is done before Bree respawns.
As for the minions, in scenario one let's account that Squall Viii got the finishing blow and Bree did not respawn. Squall will run around the map dodging Starlight so CowWars can attack. At this point Starlight will attack CowWars and Growler will attack Squall. Both players can pray and take 0 damage without having to prayer flick.
In scenario two if CowWars gets the finishing blow and Bree respawns then Squall will attack Starlight while CowWars runs and once Starlight retaliates both players blowpipe Bree for minimal damage taken before focusing on there individual minions. On the rare occasion one player took a lot of damage and doesn't want to heal they can take the role of the "Bree killing" for the next kill.
Hope you enjoy this guide guys and any requests please let me know.
Edited by Cloud, 10 June 2015 - 05:38 PM.