Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Photo

Duo Saradomin GWD guide (Zerker friendly!!!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Cloud

Cloud

Forum Guest
RSN: Cloud Vii

barely take any damage this way by killing the ranger then getting on boss. Sweets are for run energy and if you do it right you shouldn't take any damage on the minions after most kills unless ranger respawns. If you're a zerker, obviously you're on ranger duty so you take less damage.

Minions during kill target whoever is attacking zilyana! Hence the tank does that :)

Amigos trip (zerker)

njZ4xsM.png

Alright so I'm just gonna go through everything in the video just to cover all bases. This video is from the first time I realized the method and I've worked on it since

c55e9d018d.png

Okay, so let's walk through the process

1) Blowpipe, self explanatory I use this to kill the minions at a faster pace. Necessary if killing Bree minion early on for max DPS

2) Zamorak Godsword, this hits often on Zilyana. I've hit 1s and believe me that 1 for a 20 second freeze is beautiful, this lowers the amount of sweets you need to use for run energy and thus gives more DPS. More useful than  BGS after some testing.

3) Purple sweets. These replace your stamina potions, I use maybe 3-4 a kill if im running and if im taking the role of killing the minion I use a max of 2 lol. (2.5k stack has already been paid off twice in sara sword loots alone) I typically use 200-250 on a trip.

4) Odium ward - This is a switch from DFS when range minion is dead. +17 range bonus is definitly worth it. Armadyl helmet is also a +12 range bonus but some people might prefer veracs for the prayer.

5) No Guthans - Weighs too much, ineffecient even with ZGS. Don't use.

6) Ecumenical key - Saves me having to Killcount, self explanatory

7) Saradomin Brews - You won't really need this many. It's a precaution mainly. I can work with about 3 just to keep my defense up or incase of any ramboes. Super defense potions should be picked up from boss to save you having to range pot after brewing for defense all the time.

8) Super Restore - Our prayer source

9) Ranging potion - The boss brews, restores and pray potions and the minions drop plenty of bones, monkfish and summer pies. Ranging potions aren't a drop here like Arma GWD so we want plenty of these.

10) Bones to peaches - saves the cost on the sweets for healing, fantastic stackable

11) Rune pouch - I use stat restore potion and boost potion here to save on supplies and my partner usually brings alchs in his. Either way, a great asset

As for my equipment setup I find this optimal, currently trying out an armadyl helmet switch too but I know this setup works fantastically and it's best to tweak from here.

Helmet - Verac's Helmet > Serpentine helmet > Torags helmet > Slayer helmet

Cape - Ava's accumalator > Attractor

Amulet - Amulet of Fury > Saradomin stole > Unholy symbol

Bolts - Diamond bolts (e) > Ruby bolts (e) > Broad bolts > Adamantite bolts

Weapon - Armadyl Crossbow > Rune Crossbow (Toxic Blowpipe W/Addy Darts) (Zgs > Bgs > Sgs)

Body - Armadyl Chestplate (If wearing god amulet) > Sara/Zamorak D hide body

Shield - Dragonfire Shield/Odium > Crystal Shield/Odium > Rune kiteshield/Book of law

Legs - Zamorak/Sara chaps

Gloves - Barrows Gloves > God bracers (I highly recommend B gloves)

Boots - Ranger boots > Runner boots > Snakeskin boots

Ring - Archers ring > Warrior ring > Ring of life

~The method

The method is simple, by killing the ranger and having someone else hit the boss nothing will attack you, this makes alts or even zerkers able to participate in SGWD. At the start of a kill the tank henceforth known as Squall Viii will attack the boss and proceed with the solo method. The player in charge of killing Bree and thus negating any significant damage to the tank henceforth known as CowWars attacks Bree with the blowpipe at the start of the kill and then jumps on the boss immediately after to help obtain the kill before Bree respawns.

After being attacked by another player, Zilyana will react eventually to CowWars and at this point Squall Viii will run in and Zgs spec Zilyana with piety activated for a freeze (80% of the time) this gives a small window of opportunity for both players to attack without using run energy. I prefer to pray flick the melee minion and the mage minion in this scenario, however if you're against this you can simply re-equip your DFS. Once unfrozen continue with the method known as the Hit-and-Run until Zilyana is dead and hopefully this is done before Bree respawns.

As for the minions, in scenario one let's account that Squall Viii got the finishing blow and Bree did not respawn. Squall will run around the map dodging Starlight so CowWars can attack. At this point Starlight will attack CowWars and Growler will attack Squall. Both players can pray and take 0 damage without having to prayer flick.

In scenario two if CowWars gets the finishing blow and Bree respawns then Squall will attack Starlight while CowWars runs and once Starlight retaliates both players blowpipe Bree for minimal damage taken before focusing on there individual minions. On the rare occasion one player took a lot of damage and doesn't want to heal they can take the role of the "Bree killing" for the next kill.

Hope you enjoy this guide guys and any requests please let me know.

Edited by Cloud, 10 June 2015 - 05:38 PM.

Shuyin X - Voider in Progress!
Squall Viii - Main
Cloud Vii - Tank in Progress!

Follow my Journey to becoming a maxed tank! ~ http://vh-rs.net/ind...showtopic=16754

Posted Image
Posted Image

jax

jax

Hero
RSN: if

thanks for posting

mBxXx4u.giftF0pKgp.png

20rqlb6.png
bfhyle.gif

24pm3c3.gif

2dkzmfq.png

BroScience

BroScience

Hero
RSN: GodWasATank

lets see if this works out

xHIdYTS.png
eolPcQb.gif

SFBeCYl.gif

Tsunade

Tsunade

Forum Guest
RSN: TsunadeSama

awsome dude, ill gonna use it!

WEBYtXQ.gif

The way i hit? 

AcemZFm.gif

Pekka

Pekka

RSN: Rangish Tank
Looks like retarded technique after me doing the corner trick for over 100 kills before the blowpipe was even released. Dunno if it still works or it is patched. If it does not exist anymore(it should tbh) this could be somewhat good when not using chins.
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="color:#ffffff;"><em>"I hate to lose more than I love to win."</em></span><br><br>0H7HOEC.png</p><p style="text-align:center;">YBX0dG0.png</p><p style="text-align:center;">hm7Yd9I.png </p><p style="text-align:center;"> </p><p style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://leetscape.com/">Rangish_Tank.png</a></p><p style="text-align:center;"><span style="color:#ffffff;">Also known as Sad Def Noob - the first truly maxed ranged tank with 99 Summoning.</span></p>

Roby

Roby

Hero
RSN: LilDischarge

Go make bank zerks

<@RobQ> our officials change more then i pity u sir changes underwear...once a month
a8wHJ1H.png 
F0Hu2iP.png
EW3aYzm.png

Leon

Leon

Hero
RSN: Hasty Arrows

would use this guide but i have 5 agility rip

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Bots Dont Pk

Bots Dont Pk

Hero
RSN: Bots Dont Pk

zerker friendly arma guide pls, 70 agil noty

Posted Image

After Tyler eats the booty

Klass

Klass

Special Guest
RSN: Klass

hmm might try this out

Posted Image

Need any gfx to be made like this? pm me on forums or irc =]

Nan

Nan

Forum Guest
RSN: Nan

Nice one

21v7g3.png

pa pano

pa pano

Hero
RSN: pa pano
Thx godwars god

Dennis

Dennis

Hero
RSN: X I

Interested to try this out

Valhalla Oldschool Valhalla Elite Member Valhalla Mentor

oWw20Vn.png

HnIqgaP.gifWpwQ24Z.gif

Veng

Veng

Hero
RSN: M0tivate

Was about to click off the guide, but then I saw "zerker friendly"  :D

SFBeCYl.gif

HsqwdwX.gif

Bas

Bas

Hero
RSN: Lured Yah

nice guide, will use it if I ever end up getting 70agi

Looks like retarded technique after me doing the corner trick for over 100 kills before the blowpipe was even released. Dunno if it still works or it is patched. If it does not exist anymore(it should tbh) this could be somewhat good when not using chins.

how does that work?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Bas]BarrowTunnels - First flawless oldschool bot.
December `07 -- Introduced to Valhalla
December `09 -- Member of the Month
17 December `09 -- Promoted to Event's Manager
31 August `10 --Quitting RS
May `15 -- Started playing again..

MUSTA_VAKO

MUSTA_VAKO

Hero
RSN: MUSTA_VAKO

nice dude keep it going :P

www.twitch.tv/ootkoneekeri

Be free for following, streaming when pking only.

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk

Ty for hilt

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

tha sour

tha sour

Special Guest
RSN: tha sour, Sour Jr

Thanks for this now take me to SGW with you `Cloud :D

Tha_Sour.png
Y4SXOsI.png

Cloud

Cloud

Forum Guest

Thanks for this now take me to SGW with you `Cloud :D

Get on IRC or pm Squall Viii. I'm looking for a partner right this minute and can't find one.

Squall Viii - Main

Follow my Journey to becoming a maxed tank! ~ http://vh-rs.net/ind...showtopic=16754

Posted Image
Posted Image

seventy

seventy

Special Guest
RSN: 70

if you dont kill minions its just more kills and a longer trip because of less prayer and stams. Zerks can just use blowpipe,sgs and b2p tabs. you will heal more then enough. I am a tank but I only bring 1 brew in case of dcing or some shit.  I also only bring guthans and b2p tabs. can last around 7 hours 3 man

Posted Image

Cloud

Cloud

Forum Guest

if you dont kill minions its just more kills and a longer trip because of less prayer and stams. Zerks can just use blowpipe,sgs and b2p tabs. you will heal more then enough. I am a tank but I only bring 1 brew in case of dcing or some shit.  I also only bring guthans and b2p tabs. can last around 7 hours 3 man

Not really sure what some of what you're saying is. Hopefully I understand the majority of it. The not killing minions is a bad idea, that's more food used and the zerker (If applicable) will be hit harder when hitting zilyana, while he's on the minion he doesn't get attacked at all. I also don't understand how that's a longer trip. Berserker pures using sgs and B2P won't suffice the healing if they aren't attacking minions, assuming a 25 sgs hit and 2 bones per rotation that's only 41hp. The ranger alone will hit more than that and you have to assume the melee hits sometimes as well.

A single brew as a tank, I can see that working. However, guthans has a ton of weight to it and although that's fine in a trio, you won't do very well like that in a duo and I know this from experience so that's a no-go. You might last 7 hours in a 3 man, but that's a threeman I'm talking about duoing.

You might think a trio will get a lot more kills but they won't. Majority of the time we're both hitting the boss, whereas in a trio I assume you're doing the southwall method so one guy isn't hitting the boss so it's always two people attacking for either of our methods.

Durability also isn't an issue, I use a mule outside so we can last 48 hours if we really want, although that isn't practical.

Squall Viii - Main

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users