Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Photo

Dragon spears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Swedn

Swedn

Hero
RSN: Swedn

Exact same topic at RSC:

http://forums.zybez....-dragon-spears/

No i did not lose a +1 recently and this isn't a rage thread.
This topic is obviously related to the spear spec, I want to hear your serious opinions on it.
I decided to open this thread here as D spears are mainly used by the clan/team community and i didn't find any other threads on this. This was considered a bug and got fixed pre-eoc.

Here is my viewpoints on it:
Personally i think Overspearing is a pretty ridiculous mechanic,
You could argue it's tactical but really.. It's way to easy compared to macing people pre-eoc, And completely uncounterable.
You could argue it keeps people from bringing expensive/op +1s into multi, Like AGS,SOTD & And sigil shields.

And dragon spears potentially breaks castle wars too. Could just camp the flag and have a couple of spearers along whit a cw braced dds speccing through their mage def gear like butter unable to do anything.

The Best way to counter getting speared is to turn of your Protection prayers & xlog
That alone is kinda stupid
You could also argue it's a blessing to the clan community, But i don't see the fun in smiting someone that can't do anything at all back at you, Even if alot of clans are NH and doesn't give a crap.

Solutions and possible effects:
I think a change to make you able to counter for atleast a couple of ticks before another spearspec can land on you OR just make them not stack.
This Wouldn't make spears useless/dead content. And a well timed spear can still make you smite the target.
This change would probably make more multi pkers bring the items i mentioned before, And ofc most people value their +1 over their life and will keep their prayer points high above anything else.
This would also bring a more skillbased clanning experience whit more hard tanking.
It would possibly make smiting more rewarding, And more "Legit"

I've already tweeted mod ash about this, And he said they have already polled it.
But some people here are able to contact Jmods if this gets more attention it's a very possible repoll.
Imo spears are promoting unfun/broken gameplay.

Give me some actual points if you are against this.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

Raver Nate

Raver Nate

Forum Guest
RSN: Raver nate
No fuck that lol

Hii friend

Hii friend

Hero
RSN: ily

I don't like overspearing either but until they fix it let's exploit the fuck out of it

• Mammoth_I likes this

"Lets just own them in single" - i mahatma i
Cw09URQ.gif

Ask Beavis, I get nothing Butt-head  

Mammoth_I

Mammoth_I

Forum Guest
RSN: Mammoth_I

I don't like overspearing either but until they fix it let's exploit the fuck out of it

6Q0GVP4.jpg

Atomic Mass

Atomic Mass

Hero
RSN: Math

Preferred it pre-eoc where if multiple people speared only one worked, it was less of a game of phoenix necklace roulette back then.

72RVztA.png

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

No fuck that lol

Yeah nice points you got there.

I guess you don't wana bring your ags to take the kills when we go out  :pinch:

I get the fact that we in VH thrives on dragon spears, But it's clearly broken´and unfun, Think we'll survive whitout it.

Even anonymooz wants to have spears off when we fight rofl.

That alone should say that CWA activity would grow if a change happened.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 04:19 AM.

Posted Image

Spencer

Spencer

Hero

d spears are a huge advantage for us considering the numbers we pull - we shouldn't be trying to stop this. I'm sorry but if you think spears need to be fixed you should join a PvM/skiller clan. 

sn4Vn76.png

pa pano

pa pano

Hero
RSN: pa pano

d spears are a huge advantage for us considering the numbers we pull - we shouldn't be trying to stop this. I'm sorry but if you think spears need to be fixed you should join a PvM/skiller clan.

kerkennah

kerkennah

Special Guest

No. This has already been discussed in the past, and Spears are fine the way they are. No need to fix them.

No point in bringing this topic up again, and potentially ruining it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

kerkennah

kerkennah

Special Guest

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Veng

Veng

Hero
RSN: M0tivate

Totally untankable lol

SFBeCYl.gif

HsqwdwX.gif

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Yeah i completely understand this, We thrive hard on dspears. But i think we can survive whitout a bugged mechanic,

When they fixed this in Pre eoc, Yes they said it was a bug fix.

I like skillbased pvp m8, I think good tanks should be good tanks.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 04:18 AM.

Posted Image

Nose

Nose

Honored Ex-VH
RSN: Isak

"I'm sorry but you're wrong and if you think you're right you need to leave." :rolleyes:

:kayne:

Disciple of Hafen Slawkenbergius, Prof. emeritus, dr.nasus

lHKIC.png

Spoiler

Click here for Yellowpillow and Nose of Sai's questing service

Spencer

Spencer

Hero

"I'm sorry but you're wrong and if you think you're right you need to leave." :rolleyes:

:kayne:

0cd.gif

• Nose likes this

sn4Vn76.png

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Seems like this is quite a sensitive topic, Yeah VH loves spears and we utilize them alot.

Still no good points to why this is a bad idea though, I know that overspearing is absolute bank and a big trend in the clan world. But imo it's some greedy shit right there lmao.

Also overspearing events aren't very fun & i don't like the trend very much.

If a change happened though, Some of our good tanks could bring SOTD/spectrals.

And obviously this still needs to be polled whit a 75% yes, We can still use it for the time being.

Besides that if the change happens We can still mace the fuck out of people whit our numbers ya know.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 05:11 AM.

Posted Image

BroScience

BroScience

Hero
RSN: GodWasATank

spears are my shit

xHIdYTS.png
eolPcQb.gif

SFBeCYl.gif

tha sour

tha sour

Special Guest
RSN: tha sour, Sour Jr

I hope you know that changing the spear spec has already been polled and failed so we're stuck with it and complaining about it is pointless now. :confused:

• Tsunade likes this

Tha_Sour.png
Y4SXOsI.png

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

I hope you know that changing the spear spec has already been polled and failed so we're stuck with it and complaining about it is pointless now. :confused:

I didn't read the poll and don't know much about it besides the fact it happened and failed.
But i highly doubt they actually included a sentence on how spears actually are used 90% of the time, The vote would pass period in that case. Even whit rots mandatory event to vote no whit that recent ely.

Yeah i doubt my post will make much impact, Just wanted to give it a try as it's essentially is a bug, Like it was called when they fixed it pre-eoc. I'm ok whit it being there, I'm not really a victim to it til i someday get speared for ZGS.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 05:21 AM.

Posted Image

tha sour

tha sour

Special Guest
RSN: tha sour, Sour Jr

I didn't read the poll and don't know much about it besides the fact it happened and failed.
But i highly doubt they actually included a sentence on how spears actually are used 90% of the time, The vote would pass period in that case. Even whit rots mandatory event to vote no whit that recent ely.

Yeah i doubt my post will make much impact, Just wanted to give it a try as it's essentially is a bug, Like it was called when they fixed it pre-eoc. I'm ok whit it being there, I'm not really a victim to it til i someday get speared for ZGS.

I agree it should be treated as a bug. The queue-ing up aspect of the spec is what's broken about it. It should at least take some skill/timing/organization to chain spear specs back-to-back-to-back instead of everyone just clicking spec bar at the same time and then a 5 minute spear chain starting.

• Swedn likes this

Tha_Sour.png
Y4SXOsI.png

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

Hero
RSN: Teri

i mean yea, theyre untankable

but we're limited by the spec bar sooo

it's not like we have unlimited spear hits in order to guarentee knockouts

Posted Image

Posted Image