Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Photo

Dragon spears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Swedn

Swedn

Hero
RSN: Swedn

Next time we run into Mr mammal ima spear that turd, I want to see him rage and make this happen single-handed.

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

i mean yea, theyre untankable

but we're limited by the spec bar sooo

it's not like we have unlimited spear hits in order to guarentee knockouts

2 spears= 24 seconds of your prayer draining if done properly. Corrected, And it's pretty easy.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 06:21 AM.

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

I hope you know that changing the spear spec has already been polled and failed so we're stuck with it and complaining about it is pointless now. :confused:

I didn't read the poll and don't know much about it besides the fact it happened and failed.
But i highly doubt they actually included a sentence on how spears actually are used 90% of the time, The vote would pass period in that case. Even whit rots mandatory event to vote no whit that recent ely.

Yeah i doubt my post will make much impact, Just wanted to give it a try as it's essentially is a bug, Like it was called when they fixed it pre-eoc. I'm ok whit it being there, I'm not really a victim to it til i someday get speared for ZGS.

I agree it should be treated as a bug. The queue-ing up aspect of the spec is what's broken about it. It should at least take some skill/timing/organization to chain spear specs back-to-back-to-back instead of everyone just clicking spec bar at the same time and then a 5 minute spear chain starting.

Exactly.

Posted Image

Refine

Refine

Hero
RSN: Refine

Support. They should add 1 tick between spears where you can do whatever you want. It would add skill to tanking and allow people to bring better +1's for more variety.

• Swedn likes this
Posted Image

Spoiler

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

Hero
RSN: Teri

???

how do u chain somebody for 40 seconds

2 spears = 8 specs

each spec is around 2 seconds of immobilization - even if u were to consider each spec a 3 seconds of stun it ends up being 24 seconds.

first off: you can eat if one guy is spearing you - so at the very minimum you need 2 guys spearing in order to fully lock down somebody

secondly: it's never straight forward when you're actually fighting

so for example: let's say we're in a 30 v 30 scrap and we make a dedicated 15:2 man spear rotation - this requires every single person to be able to find the pile, and what if "god forbid" somebody get's piled/sniped and screws up the rotation.

sure it's easy if you run into a lone dude at rdg and just end up spearing him for his +1 but yolo 

ppl shudnt be bringing anything to the wild that theyre not willing to lose anyways - so the entire point is moot

also having the awareness to "tank" and click your pixels in your inventory in a certain combo order isn't difficult.

• kerkennah likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

???

2 spears = 8 specs

each spec is around 2 seconds of immobilization - even if u were to consider each spec a 3 seconds of stun it ends up being 24 seconds.

first off: you can eat if one guy is spearing you - so at the very minimum you need 2 guys spearing in order to fully lock down somebody

so for example: let's say we're in a 30 v 30 scrap and we make a dedicated 15:2 man spear rotation - this requires every single person to be able to find the pile, and what if "god forbid" somebody get's piled/sniped and screws up the rotation.

sure it's easy if you run into a lone dude at rdg and just end up spearing him for his +1 but yolo 

ppl shudnt be bringing anything to the wild that theyre not willing to lose anyways - so the entire point is moot

also having the awareness to "tank" and click your pixels in your inventory in a certain combo order isn't difficult.

Sry confirmed now spear spec lasts 3 sec, My mistake, Still Doesnt take away the fact that they polled something that was considered a bug pre eoc though. Whitout a good explanation fo what it was used for.

And yes ofc you shouldnt bring anything your not willing to lose in the wild, But losing a +1 unable to do shit about it to someone not really using skill, and is watching your character get balled around in flames is what i don't like.

Legit reason to quit if you die for bank.

Also alot of clanners hate spears in CWA, Getting some posts about that over at RSC.

And the tank thingy, Your cant tank when getting speared.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 06:30 AM.

Posted Image

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

Hero
RSN: Teri

???

2 spears = 8 specs

Sry confirmed now spear spec lasts 3 sec, My mistake, Doesnt take away the fact that they polled something that was considered a bug pre eoc though. Whitout a good explanation fo what it was used for.

And yes ofc you shouldnt bring anything your not willing to lose in the wild, But losing a +1 unable to do shit about it is what i don't like.

The RS wiki is wrong - it counts the stun duration as the "coocoo swirly" thing over your head. It's actually closer to 1.35 seconds of true lockdown where you can't do anything.

There was no light/popularity behind on "polls in pre-eoc". In fact I don't recall having any widely advertised RS poll that actually mattered before the release of 07scape (the exception being the vote for 07 to come back). 

Honestly I don't even know why a topic crying about "omg we can't do anything about losing our +1s" exists, albeit may not be a crying topic persay. But seriously there really should be no discussion behind it all - look at all those fucking faggoty ass 1 iteming retards/raggers who ruin fights all the time. These are the exact group of spastics who deserve to lose their +1s and more. 

If there's any sort of mechanic/way to take away and counter the cancer shit fest - then I'm personally all for it, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me.

The beauty of the wilderness is that you and you're items are never safe if you skull. Whether it be forgetting to maintain your protect item, or getting smited, or speared or whatever; If you choose to purposely attack somebody and skull - you're forfeiting your right to complain about any sort of loss of items. 

• kerkennah likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tom08894

Tom08894

Forum Guest
RSN: Tom08894

Fuck spears tbh, removes a shit ton of skill from pvping.

Nan

Nan

Forum Guest
RSN: Nan

d spears are a huge advantage for us considering the numbers we pull - we shouldn't be trying to stop this. I'm sorry but if you think spears need to be fixed you should join a PvM/skiller clan.

21v7g3.png

Tsunade

Tsunade

Forum Guest
RSN: TsunadeSama

I hope you know that changing the spear spec has already been polled and failed so we're stuck with it and complaining about it is pointless now. :confused:

WEBYtXQ.gif

The way i hit? 

AcemZFm.gif

kerkennah

kerkennah

Special Guest
Lol. Its easy to avoid getting speared out for your +1.

Just x log.
Turn all prayers off except protect item.

Spears are fine the way they are. Sounds to me like you are scared of losing a +1 to rot.

If you see rot. Keep your prayer points high and run. They are the only ones who will spear you out.

Not every clan can do this. You need good coordination and teamwork. So really, it involves skill.

Also, please don't use that shitty clan AC as an example of a clan who don't like spears. They are so bad, they are 1 bangs.

All the top clans can handle spears. No one is complaining.

Also, there has to be a way to combat 1 itemers and raggers.

This is the only method, and if you remove it, have fun p2p pking. Because that would be absolute shit.

Edited by kerkennah, 25 June 2015 - 07:31 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

???

2 spears = 8 specs

Sry confirmed now spear spec lasts 3 sec, My mistake, Doesnt take away the fact that they polled something that was considered a bug pre eoc though. Whitout a good explanation fo what it was used for.

And yes ofc you shouldnt bring anything your not willing to lose in the wild, But losing a +1 unable to do shit about it is what i don't like.

The RS wiki is wrong - it counts the stun duration as the "coocoo swirly" thing over your head. It's actually closer to 1.35 seconds of true lockdown where you can't do anything.

There was no light/popularity behind on "polls in pre-eoc". In fact I don't recall having any widely advertised RS poll that actually mattered before the release of 07scape (the exception being the vote for 07 to come back). 

Honestly I don't even know why a topic crying about "omg we can't do anything about losing our +1s" exists, albeit may not be a crying topic persay. But seriously there really should be no discussion behind it all - look at all those fucking faggoty ass 1 iteming retards/raggers who ruin fights all the time. These are the exact group of spastics who deserve to lose their +1s and more. 

If there's any sort of mechanic/way to take away and counter the cancer shit fest - then I'm personally all for it, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me.

The beauty of the wilderness is that you and you're items are never safe if you skull. Whether it be forgetting to maintain your protect item, or getting smited, or speared or whatever; If you choose to purposely attack somebody and skull - you're forfeiting your right to complain about any sort of loss of items. 

Yeah your right for the most part, But you can't deny it would make other spec weps more viable and used in fights,

Good thing you actually bring up points, In fact the first one that does it right, Was looking to argue some and get rsc postcount.

And i agree we should spear 1 itemers more often.

I just think we need some way to counter when your getting overspeared.

Posted Image

Parckie™

Parckie™

RSN: Parckle

There were multiple patches to D spears pre-eoc. Spears worked 3-4 different ways depending on what year it was.

I remember in 2009 / early 2010 we would DD EP PK at FOG. Kids would come out of FOG and we would spear them all the way to single, they wouldn't have control of their character for like 5 minutes.

• kerkennah likes this

"You can not enforce dedication, you must INSPIRE it" - Badass
Parckiesig-1.png
Selling Referrals to Valhalla - 100k ea (My Referrals best Referrals).

Bas

Bas

Hero
RSN: Lured Yah

I personally miss tanking when not everyone uses spears.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Bas]BarrowTunnels - First flawless oldschool bot.
December `07 -- Introduced to Valhalla
December `09 -- Member of the Month
17 December `09 -- Promoted to Event's Manager
31 August `10 --Quitting RS
May `15 -- Started playing again..

Parckie™

Parckie™

RSN: Parckle

Swedn, RSC is really mean lol. I wouldn't post anything serious on there its just a troll fest.

"You can not enforce dedication, you must INSPIRE it" - Badass
Parckiesig-1.png
Selling Referrals to Valhalla - 100k ea (My Referrals best Referrals).

Bas

Bas

Hero
RSN: Lured Yah

Just x log.

I'll keep that in mind :P

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[Bas]BarrowTunnels - First flawless oldschool bot.
December `07 -- Introduced to Valhalla
December `09 -- Member of the Month
17 December `09 -- Promoted to Event's Manager
31 August `10 --Quitting RS
May `15 -- Started playing again..

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Just x log.

Spears are fine the way they are. Sounds to me like you are scared of losing a +1 to rot.

If you see rot. Keep your prayer points high and run. They are the only ones who will spear you out.

Not every clan can do this. You need good coordination and teamwork. So really, it involves skill.

Also, please don't use that shitty clan AC as an example of a clan who don't like spears. They are so bad, they are 1 bangs.

All the top clans can handle spears. No one is complaining.

Rot is already over at rsc downvoting.

But tbh i think spears need more counters than to turn of your PROTECTION prayers & xlog.

and if i remember it correctly you can't even turn of your prayers when your actually getting speared.

Sure AC isn't one of the best clan around but i can see where they are coming from.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 07:50 AM.

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Swedn, RSC is really mean lol. I wouldn't post anything serious on there its just a troll fest.

Yeah i noticed that, felt like i was on 4chan.

Posted Image

Nopure

Nopure

Legend
RSN: Nopure
I liked it pre-EOC

tumblr_lpormlxvxR1qg0puro1_500.gif

N1dGHwU.gif

vFARhmi.png

Evan

Evan

Overlord