Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Photo

Dragon spears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Swedn

Swedn

Hero
RSN: Swedn

I wouldn't say overspearing is anywhere close to the maliciousness of ddosing

It's a very harsh comparision i know, Edited that out on RSC. But it's lame you can do as much about it..

Posted Image

Jacob

Jacob

Forum Guest
RSN: CQS

The text background hurt my eyes so I didn't read this. :)

mm_zpszxwlkke0.jpeg

Evan

Evan

Overlord
RSN: Evan Bruh

The great thing about overspearing is that hardly anyone 1 items with godswords or other big +1s anymore. The possibility of being overspeared (especially to bigger clans) thwarts smaller clans or solo PKers from 1 iteming completely. Only a few clans have the manpower to spear anyways.

• David likes this

K5nHQXf.png

AYydoLr.png

Røb

Røb

Overlord
RSN: Lvl 56 N00b

Although we're used to it now, I tend to agree that it's a broken mechanic. Don't really care if it's fixed or not personally though.

• David likes this

C8FUbUi.png

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. - Isaac Asimov

Σκιά Ηγέτης

Roby

Roby

Hero
RSN: LilDischarge

The great thing about overspearing is that hardly anyone 1 items with godswords or other big +1s anymore. The possibility of being overspeared (especially to bigger clans) thwarts smaller clans or solo PKers from 1 iteming completely. Only a few clans have the manpower to spear anyways.

<@RobQ> our officials change more then i pity u sir changes underwear...once a month
a8wHJ1H.png 
F0Hu2iP.png
EW3aYzm.png

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Good point.

Yeah it isn't really a huge matter, I probably went to hard on the post coming across like a pissed off kid thinking it was gamebreaking.

I was kinda looking for arguments on RSC, But all i got was downvotes, Thought they were a bit more mature over there  :P

I just want more variety and i think most will agree using a spear as spec as useful as it might be, Isn't really a fun weapon to use for your specs  ^_^

Although we're used to it now, I tend to agree that it's a broken mechanic. Don't really care if it's fixed or not personally though.

Yeah i was just interested what other people thought about it, Not a huge deal.

Might get changed later anyway.

Posted Image

Orc

Orc

Hero
RSN: 4f7263

Imo, overspearing is fine for a few reasons:

• It punishes people who get caught alone by a large group, which is great since, without spearing/smiting, if you run across some random idiot and kill him you'll get fuck all and he'll barely lose anything unless he's a mega retard
  • Its impact on full-outs is fairly minimal and mostly affects bad clans with shit callers and organization who don't know how to deal with someone getting overspeared, i.e just don't disintegrate into sniping but keep your own piles up and do some spearing yourself
  • It requires numbers to pull off, which rewards larger clans and, consequently, rewards clan participation over solo shit (which is good for the health of the clan world)
  • It keeps losers from nonstop one-iteming with godswords
  • Overspearing someone to the point of guaranteed death is a highly tactically significant decision: since it takes a non-trivial amount of time and spec, which could be put to use on different targets, it means that good calling is even more important (i.e. overspear someone who, without getting overspeared, would tank for years), since if you spend your precious time in a fight overspearing a one-bang while the other fuckers overspear your main caller you're done

Edited by Orc, 25 June 2015 - 08:50 AM.

• Lionheart likes this

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

The text background hurt my eyes so I didn't read this. :)

How u read zybez then lol it's copied from there  :pinch:

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Imo, overspearing is fine for a few reasons:

• It punishes people who get caught alone by a large group, which is great since, without spearing/smiting, if you run across some random idiot and kill him you'll get fuck all and he'll barely lose anything unless he's a mega retard
  • Its impact on full-outs is fairly minimal and mostly affects bad clans with shit callers and organization who don't know how to deal with someone getting overspeared, i.e just don't disintegrate into sniping but keep your own piles up and do some spearing yourself
  • It requires numbers to pull off, which rewards larger clans and, consequently, rewards clan participation over solo shit (which is good for the health of the clan world)
  • It keeps losers from nonstop one-iteming with godswords
  • Overspearing someone to the point of guaranteed death is a highly tactically significant decision: since it takes a non-trivial amount of time and spec, which could be put to use on different targets, it means that good calling is even more important (i.e. overspear someone who, without getting overspeared, would tank for years), since if you spend your precious time in a fight overspearing a one-bang while the other fuckers overspear your main caller you're done

Great points you got there, This is what i was looking for, I guess i'd rather have spears the way they are than some faggots camping 1item.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 09:02 AM.

Posted Image

Seth Sentry

Seth Sentry

Forum Guest
RSN: Annie xo

they need to make it so you can eat or put on a pneck during intermission on each spear, basically making it so the spears don't stack so much I think IMO that spears are broken as fuck right now and need to be fixed 

Posted Image

Bots Dont Pk

Bots Dont Pk

Hero
RSN: Bots Dont Pk

d spears are a huge advantage for us considering the numbers we pull - we shouldn't be trying to stop this. I'm sorry but if you think spears need to be fixed you should join a PvM/skiller clan. 

Posted Image

After Tyler eats the booty

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

d spears are a huge advantage for us considering the numbers we pull - we shouldn't be trying to stop this. I'm sorry but if you think spears need to be fixed you should join a PvM/skiller clan. 

"Our opinions on the matter differ, you should leave the clan"

Ur making my cry now 3 people Don't like me here & my 4ner opinions gg.

My topic won't get far anyway so there is no way i'm stopping this.

Im just gonna spear Mr mammal instead.

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 10:11 AM.

Posted Image

Cloud

Cloud

Forum Guest
RSN: Cloud Vii

It's a dumb mechanic. People are bringing up points like "It stops all the 1 itemers blah, blah" well...here's the thing. Clans aren't priority one for 1 itemers thinking they're funny anymore, streamers are. Some clans might do it occasionally but they never get very far with it and they don't return for very long. Now people claim it's absolute bank and I laugh, you smite verac's helms worth 800k and there's 4 people+ attacking. If it was absolute bank then the majority of clans, including VH wouldn't be setting out in mostly tank gear instead of bringing mage; I will admit some people like Tha Sour do tend to bring mage the majority of the time and I know broscience does too occasionally but as a whole it's mostly tank gear.

The clanning aspect of pkin is in a pretty dire state, it's nowhere near what it used to be. Two more clans have closed, people are leaving, clans mostly leave out in tank gear instead of mage because it's more "Cost effective" when they should be having fun and trips now resort to hitting PvMers and trying to smite them out for 800k helmets with 20 people D Spearing. It's a dumb mechanic, once it get's fixed it might push more people to come out in Mage knowing they won't just get Speared out and die without even getting the chance to tank; maybe then Clanning can take a step forward in the right direction towards the glory days of old.

Flame all you want because I'm in a PvM clan, but I love it and have loads of fun. To each their own.

Shuyin X - Voider in Progress!
Squall Viii - Main
Cloud Vii - Tank in Progress!

Follow my Journey to becoming a maxed tank! ~ http://vh-rs.net/ind...showtopic=16754

Posted Image
Posted Image

Glumy

Glumy

Hero
RSN: Glumy

1 iteming is bad enough already. 

Posted Image

Glumy

Glumy

Hero

It's a dumb mechanic. People are bringing up points like "It stops all the 1 itemers blah, blah" well...here's the thing. Clans aren't priority one for 1 itemers thinking they're funny anymore, streamers are. Some clans might do it occasionally but they never get very far with it and they don't return for very long. Now people claim it's absolute bank and I laugh, you smite verac's helms worth 800k and there's 4 people+ attacking. If it was absolute bank then the majority of clans, including VH wouldn't be setting out in mostly tank gear instead of bringing mage; I will admit some people like Tha Sour do tend to bring mage the majority of the time and I know broscience does too occasionally but as a whole it's mostly tank gear.

The clanning aspect of pkin is in a pretty dire state, it's nowhere near what it used to be. Two more clans have closed, people are leaving, clans mostly leave out in tank gear instead of mage because it's more "Cost effective" when they should be having fun and trips now resort to hitting PvMers and trying to smite them out for 800k helmets with 20 people D Spearing. It's a dumb mechanic, once it get's fixed it might push more people to come out in Mage knowing they won't just get Speared out and die without even getting the chance to tank; maybe then Clanning can take a step forward in the right direction towards the glory days of old.

Flame all you want because I'm in a PvM clan, but I love it and have loads of fun. To each their own.

You don't know what you're talking about and your whole post didn't make any sense.

Posted Image

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

♥~ FURIOUS-SAMA ~♥

Hero
RSN: Teri

I actually don't even understand what you're trying to say.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

You don't know what you're talking about and your whole post didn't make any sense.

Digging kinda deep but..

Just view it as a unbiased onlooker i guess?

Edited by Swedn, 25 June 2015 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

Glumy

Glumy

Hero

Digging kinda deep but..

I think he's trying to say that 2 clans died, that people don't mage, and that clans resort to killing pvmers just because of d spears, which isn't the case at all. I suppose he's salty because people will attack him when he's pvming in the wilderness, which is the whole point of putting bosses there. His whole post is just dumb.

Posted Image

kerkennah

kerkennah

Special Guest
Lol wow

You think people don't mage because they are afraid of being speared out?

That just might be you m8.

People are just cheap or don't want to waste runes, or think they get sniped too much. That's it.

Would he worse without spears, there would be more 1 itemers and raggers and it would be even harder to mage
  • Swedn likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swedn

Swedn

Hero

Digging kinda deep but..

I think he's trying to say that 2 clans died, that people don't mage, and that clans resort to killing pvmers just because of d spears, which isn't the case at all. I suppose he's salty because people will attack him when he's pvming in the wilderness, which is the whole point of putting bosses there. His whole post is just dumb.

Oh yeah it's not unbiased at all nvm  :pinch:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users