Register Now

When not signing into a registered account, you're missing out on several benefits:

- Access to view all public forum sections and posts

- Create and reply to status updates

- View others' member profiles

- Contact other members

- Create and post in your topics

- Manage your own profiles

.. And much more.

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER

Photo

The End Of An Era

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

Rodney__King

Rodney__King

Special Guest
RSN: Rodney__King

Can't say it wasn't expected. Still, it was good while it lasted. Good job lads.

Edit: Um, where the fuck has my special guest gone?

Get Rekt Son  :smile17:

0d62772b4a.jpg

sxztyw.jpg

|Rodney__King| |Ex-Leader Higher Force| |Zerg Unit Applicant|
|ZU Site| |ZU IRC: #zu| |ZU Requirements| ZU Tube

Jivetoast

Jivetoast

Forum Guest
RSN: Jivet0ast

:confused:

I11egal

I11egal

Hero

As I stated in the other 6 closing topics over the years; why don't you just pass the clan to down so it stays alive, instead of closing because the leadership gets bored / inactive.

The clans in our bracket closed. We've beaten almost every main clan there is in osrs. We accomplished our goal of becoming and staying the #1 rp tank clan.there isn't anything left for us to do. Clanning is cancer atm. 1iteming, ragging ect

Edited by I11egal, 02 July 2015 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lionheart

Lionheart

RSN: Brit Zerk

As I stated in the other 6 closing topics over the years; why don't you just pass the clan to down so it stays alive, instead of closing because the leadership gets bored / inactive.

The clans in our bracket closed. We've beaten almost every main clan there is in osrs. We accomplished our goal of becoming and staying the #1 rp tank clan.there isn't anything left for us to do. Clanning is cancer atm. 1iteming, ragging ect

Just as the opening three sentences of this topic say, VH closing has nothing to do with bored or inactive leadership. We've closed because we accomplished everything we sought out to do (and more), and therefore if we stayed open without any real rivals or goals, we'd aimlessly and unnecessarily decline.

We reached the peak of what we could do as a competitive clan (relative to our situation and the clan world as a whole), and it's nothing but a privilege that we can comfortably retire in the position that we will best remember. It's not like the community has died as a result, our forums/ts/irc have still managed to be more active than some currently open RSC clans. In fact, our community is more alive and in a better state overall through retirement than it would have been had we chose to needlessly persist.

Have a little faith in the leadership Adam, it's not like it was an easy decision to make. I can't speak for the other clan closes but in this case, it's honestly for the best.

Edited by Ocarina, 02 July 2015 - 09:40 PM.

• Røb, Spaz4010 and Maserati V8 like this

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Markx1

Markx1

Honored Ex-VH
RSN: Clan

Shame to see it go, but totally understandable.

EX VALHALLA COUNCIL.

<<>>

Posted Image

Catalyst

Catalyst

Forum Guest
RSN: A Catalyst

What the hell :/.

Esca

Esca

Forum Guest
RSN: Esc4/E S C A

Although I was only in vh a short time back in 2011 I had a few good memories here, and of course plenty of fighting you while I was hf, you guys definitely accomplished a lot as a clan, and being the last surviving rp/tank clan you should be proud, good run boys

StonedAge

StonedAge

Forum Guest
RSN: Zw currently / previous iPissStones,StonedAge, Tobacco Pker, l7ragon

damnnnnnn.... guess ill have to join a main clan

Catalyst

Catalyst

Forum Guest
RSN: A Catalyst
Ffs like I actually wanted to join Valhalla. It sucks because it seems like whenever I would go out deep with a few friends, it seemed like it simply wasn't enough. So I turned to clans. I wanted that deep sensation, that old nostalgic 2007 RuneScape deeper wilderness pking kind of feeling. And now, I realistically can't experience it, not with an actual clan at least. Maybe I should've apped sooner but it wouldn't of made a different at this point. Clans are dead and it's such a shame to see. I just want the experience of progressing and conquering the wilderness as a team.

AR done
VH done

What's next?

For the short amount of time I've known Valhalla as well as some of its members, it's been pretty cool, I'll always be turning back to this clan if the opportunity ever arises again. RIP Valhalla.

Spaz4010

Spaz4010

Special Guest
RSN: Spaz4010

Was quite a shock to see this. My memories are and probably will always be fond. If I chilled with you on ts3 back in the day, feel free to shoot me a pm if you wanna keep in touch. 

That being said, the main clan I used to run with prior to joining VH will probably end up doing this here soon I'd reckon. It is pretty sad to see 10+ year old clans close their doors. :\

Posted Image

Bourne

Bourne

Forum Guest
RSN: Bourne2bwild
Anarchy version 2 coming soon
  • Spaz4010 likes this

"I will not flee, though death-fated you know I am. I was not conceived as a coward. I will have all of your loving advice as long as I live."

Lionheart

Lionheart

Was quite a shock to see this. My memories are and probably will always be fond. If I chilled with you on ts3 back in the day, feel free to shoot me a pm if you wanna keep in touch. 

That being said, the main clan I used to run with prior to joining VH will probably end up doing this here soon I'd reckon. It is pretty sad to see 10+ year old clans close their doors. :\

Which main clan is that?

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Spaz4010

Spaz4010

Special Guest

Which main clan is that?

The Death Monkeighs

Its an RS3 clan. It hasn't been in the warring scene since probably 2008, 2009 iirc. It no longer has any reqs and has re-branded itself as a "community clan" in the last year. 

Posted Image

Lionheart

Lionheart

Which main clan is that?

The Death Monkeighs

Its an RS3 clan. It hasn't been in the warring scene since probably 2008, 2009 iirc. It no longer has any reqs and has re-branded itself as a "community clan" in the last year. 

What makes you think it will close soon?

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

Spaz4010

Spaz4010

Special Guest

Which main clan is that?

The Death Monkeighs

The overall decline of the clan itself. A few years ago they had a consistent cc full of about 30-40 people, 20+ people at all events and stuff like that. Now the boards have the same 5-10 people post on it and that's about it. I can't comment on the status of the cc, but last time I got on, there was only 2 or 3 people in it not counting myself. During this time came the change from a clan with reqs to a community clan.

Posted Image

Lionheart

Lionheart

Which main clan is that?

The Death Monkeighs

The overall decline of the clan itself. A few years ago they had a consistent cc full of about 30-40 people, 20+ people at all events and stuff like that. Now the boards have the same 5-10 people post on it and that's about it. I can't comment on the status of the cc, but last time I got on, there was only 2 or 3 people in it not counting myself. During this time came the change from a clan with reqs to a community clan.

:/

That really does blow dude

What're your plans from here then?

tKKYJhp.jpg

Spoiler

ℂℓ¡ηϮöƞ

ℂℓ¡ηϮöƞ

Forum Guest
RSN: Clinton Bruh

Sad thing to read. Long live the legends.

Posted Image

Røb

Røb

Overlord
RSN: Lvl 56 N00b

btw i wrote this topic (shadow leader)

C8FUbUi.png

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. - Isaac Asimov

Σκιά Ηγέτης

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users